The time for a new major release is approaching. Last minute discussions about some lately introduced code keeps the situation a bit unclear for the moment regarding the release day.
However, this post tries to underline the new features and important aspects that happened during last development cycle.
There are six new modules:
- db_oracle - database driver to connect directly to Oracle servers
- dialplan - regular expression based dialplan management
- nat_traversal - helper for nat traversal
- peering - RADIUS based peering
- ratelimit - call rate control module
- userblacklist - user based blacklisting
Lot of other new features and refurbishing in existing modules such as carrierroute, dispatcher, dialog, mediaproxy, msilo, cfgutils, pdt, textops.
Review of the DB API, fixup functions, new transformations and pseudo-variables are some of the core updates.
Related to this cycle, worth to mention the first OPENSER Devel Guide, a free, electronic book available at:
and first printed book about OPENSER:
Building Telephony Systems With OPENSER.
I encourage everyone to start testing the upcoming OPENSER 1.4. Will be a big step forward.